My bake sale is this Saturday, and I still haven’t decided what to make. Good God, the PRESSURE. I want to make every single item you’ve sent me. The Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies? A sure winner! Cheesecake-Marbled Brownies? Delish! Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats? INTRIGUING. I…I just don’t know right now. Must get back to you.
Rain is in the forecast for the next couple of days in Southern California. Like actual wet drops falling from the sky with intensity. In all honesty, the last time I remember heavy rain in my area was in the spring of 2004. I will celebrate this incredible feat of nature with a list of my favorite songs with “rain” in the title. (I’m obviously dealing with some premium-grade procrastination issues right now.)
1. Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain – Willie Nelson
2. Come Rain or Come Shine – Etta James
3. Fool in the Rain – Led Zeppelin
4. Here Comes The Rain Again – Eurythmics
5. Rain (Falling from the Sky) – Frank Sinatra
6. Mandolin Rain – Bruce Hornsby
7. Purple Rain – Prince
8. Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head – Burt Bacharach
9. Blame it on the Rain – Milli Vanilli (What? It’s a JAM.)
Feel free to add your own. (You know, if you are also trying desperately to not do what you are supposed to be doing right now.)
(borrowed from Jenny)
Ohhhh, the Broad Summit. What an inspiring retreat. Although the internet brought these women together, computers and internet-ready devices were definitely not in attendance this weekend. Just engaging conversations and lovely experiences across the board. Thank you so much to Maggie, Helen Jane, Laura and Aubrey for such a memorable time.
I think I took a whopping 3 photographs this weekend, but tons of fantastic shots can be found here.