1. Think about it: Would you worship Don Draper if he resembled, say, Buddy Hackett? No. You would accost him and say, “Listen buddy [or Buddy], you are simply not handsome enough to be this dreary.” – Simon Doonan. Oh, how I love Simon Doonan, and this article.
2. Yoga. YOGA. First off, you all, the comments on the yoga post were ridiculously awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such thoughtful, encouraging comments.
So! I went to my first class on Wednesday. It was a beginner-level “yoga blend” class – pretty slow-paced, holding poses, etc. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, even though I was craning my neck the entire time to see if I was doing the poses correctly. (Paraghasana, whut?) Like I expected, it wasn’t an intense, heart-pounding session, but I’ll say this much…I was quite sore the next morning. Quite sore, indeed, and mama likes herself some sore muscles. Heading back to class #2 today! Will report back soon.
5. I was just introduced to Lissa Rankin and her message about mind over medicine. Listen, I’m not one to sit through a 1-hour video on my laptop, but I was transfixed by this interview. Maybe it’s due to my past career in the medical industry for almost a decade (calling on OBGYNS just like her in Chicago) or maybe it’s because I’m trying to fully believe in mind over matter, but regardless, I know that I am going to devour her new book.
6. I would feel remiss if I didn’t mention this week’s punk theme at the Met Gala. What do you think about Anne Hathaway going platinum? (Loved the style, didn’t love the color on her.) Or Nicole Richie’s faux grey hair? (WTF.) I think this was my favorite look.
7. Oh! Would you do me the biggest favor in the world and let me know if you’ve had trouble accessing my site – specifically, if you’ve experienced a blank white screen this week? Even better…feel free to type whoorl.com into your browser and see if my site loads. If it doesn’t, by any chance are you using Chrome? I’m in the midst of a little redesign and I’ve been informed numerous times by readers that the site is all wonk-a-donk. Halp! And thank you!
The weekend is calling my name. Hope you all have a great one!
photo credit: death of a stylist