1. Let’s talk about the house, guys. I realize I kind of left you all hanging with all the updates and then….nothing. Well, we’ve been working hard to finish the space, and we are getting really close. (Although, come on, you are never really “finished,” but that’s the fun and/or frustration of it all.) D and I made a quick trip to Palm Springs for Modernist Week earlier in the month to find some treasures, and we found some really fun additions, namely that brass globe above that will soon be hanging in our living room. I am so in love. (Also, we found our dream house in the desert that is in the above collage as well. One day…)
Also, you may have heard on the Facebook page, but after 2 1/2 months of hanging ginormous pieces of brown craft paper with blue tape over every window in our bedrooms, our window coverings arrived and were installed on Tuesday. People, you haven’t lived until a 5×5 foot of heavy craft paper crashes to the floor at 3 in the morning…heart attack city. No more brown craft paper EVEEERRRRR! (That was in my best Mommy Dearest voice.)
So! In regards to the house, we are waiting on the rest of our lighting fixtures to be installed, as well as a few more pieces of furniture to arrive, but fingers crossed, we will be finished with all the big stuff by the end of this month. I can’t wait to show you the before and after photos in April, and thank you for being so patient!
2. Oh! Fun challenge alert. Have you seen the #lippyaday lipstick challenge on Instagram by Norlin M? I’m totally going to try it – won’t you join me? That’s a lot of lipstick, folks.
3. Newsflash: I have a mom uniform. It involves a striped top, rolled up skinny/boyfriend jeans, ballet flats, a denim or cargo jacket, and a top knot. D and I were laughing at his Instagram feed because every photo of me looks the same. Like this one. And this one. Oh, and I really broke the mold with my hair down one day. (And those of you wondering how I wear my Isabel Marant boots, there you go.) Soooooo….do you have a mom uniform? What is it?
4. Considering going blonde? (Like I did in my twenties? BAD IDEA. Not that I’m saying it’s a bad idea for you, but horrible for me.) Anyway, here are some thoughts to keep in mind. Also, lots of perfectly straight side parts were on the Fall 2013 runways – here’s how to create a good one.
5. Okay, Kristen and I are bummed that our Dishing on Downton videos are on hiatus, but at least we still have our Mama Said ones to keep us warm at night. Some of our most recent ones are TV obsessions (yes, we have more!), lies we tell our children (we don’t get that channel, they don’t make gum in California), and how our introversion affects us when making (or not making) new mom friends.
Happy weekend, everyone! It’s really warming up around here, and we are going to take advantage of the gorgeous weather. A trip to the beach, perhaps?