I am anxiously awaiting the day when I can write about my life like the good ol’ days. Remember those posts? Yeah, that was nice.
However, I’m not quite there yet. In the meantime, let me introduce you to Whoorlito, Child of the Steel Trap Memory.
A couple of notes:
1. This video was filmed in January when Wito was 29 months old. Forgive me, as I’m obviously grasping for blog material.
2. This video is also a reminder that I was a complete ass for cutting his hair off last month. Give me that precious hair back!
3. Wito memorizes books after reading them for one day. It’s uncanny and blows my mind.
4. It also makes me feel rather stupid.
5. I’ve included the words from the book so you can follow along at your pleasure. Enjoy.
painting with picasso
an artist paints people in all different places
and captures the feelings that show in their faces
a young girl catches a dove in flight
she’ll keep him safe and hold him tight
a serious boy steers a donkey around
this sad boy is dressed like a happy clown
an acrobat balances a ball, while a strongman wonders if she’ll fall
another man’s limbs are in a tangle, with arms and legs at the oddest angle
a woman rests during a dreamy nap
a mother plays a with a babe in her lap
with eyes looking sideways a nails painted red, this woman is telling a joke in her head
and here is the artist who’s captured it all – the faces, the places, the girl on the ball.
with each stroke of his brush, each color and line, he paints a picture of a moment in time.