1. House update! We are officially homeowners, you guys! I AM HOMEOWNER, HEAR ME ROAR. We got the keys yesterday afternoon, and the demo crew showed up bright and early this morning. This is going on right this very minute.
(I am a crazy picture-taking woman when it comes to the house. You guys are going to be SO SICK of this renovation before I’m through. I even shot a fascinating 2-minute video of someone tearing down a ginormous wall made of cork board in one of the bedrooms this morning. Who wants to see that? Hello? Anyone?)
Goodbye cork board walls, 40-year-old carpet, wood paneling and built-ins! I’m getting reeeallllly excited over here.
2. I have quite a few articles posting this month elsewhere because, let’s face it, the renovation isn’t paying for itself. I’d love if you would check some out – especially over at my new job, Women & Co. Women & Co covers all things money- how we spend, save, share, donate and manage. Obviously, this was a perfect time for me to jump on board, considering we have made many financial changes in the past few months in preparation for buying a home. Anyway, I’ll be covering the beauty, fashion, and lifestyle angle, if you are interested.
My first two articles are Hair Products: When to Save and When to Splurge and New Tips on Buying Makeup: When to Save and When to Splurge. I hope you find them helpful, and I would love to hear any suggestions for future articles.
3. Elsewhere at Babble, I am sharing the Ultimate Fall and Fashion List via Neiman Marcus (a girl can dream, right?) and the 5 Staples in My Closet for Fall (none of them are new, well, except for the Kate Spade pumps that I scored on eBay).
4. Okay, enough shameless blog post promotion, have you guys seen this pompon tutorial? Tiny pompons with a fork? IS IT NOT THE COOLEST THING EVER?
5. I’m halfway through Gone Girl right now. I keep hearing about The Plot Twist, and I’m dying to know what happens. Can’t read fast enough. Have you read? Did you like? It seems everyone loved it except for my mother. Lini did not like it one bit, no sirree bob.
6. On the other end of the book spectrum, have you read Sh*tty Mom? I have never laughed so hard in my life. “Does the boy whose mom has the Cake Doodle app on her iPhone even know he has a penis?” (Totally out of context, I know, but to those who have read the “Don’t Let Your Kid Become a PDA-hole” chapter, that statement had me howling with laughter.)
7. We stopped for awhile, but we’re back to visiting the library every week.
Although, let’s be honest, Wita just goes to rent DVDs. “Mama, want shine times!” (Signing Times.) Man, that Rachel Coleman has now worked her way into both of my children’s hearts.
8. Okay, I’m off to take some more photos. I think the bathroom floor will be torn out pretty soon. RIVETING.