Duchamp’s Answering Machine - best colors ever
1. I completed Couch to 5K earlier this week. (Ran 3 miles without stopping at a 10:30-minute mile pace. Woo!) So, in honor of that little achievement, I posted a newbie’s running guide at Babble. It barely scrapes the surface of things I would like to talk about in regards to running, but it’s a quick snapshot of my favorite running-related gear.
2. Okay, one more thing about running. I found this article by Kristen on finding your perfect running pace so interesting. It’s seems that everyone’s body has an optimal running pace, with a woman’s average being a 9:08-minute mile and a man’s being a 7:13-minute mile. What’s your running pace? I’m still slower than average…I ran 3 miles this morning at a 10:00-minute mile, and I can say it felt totally different than running a 10:30-minute mile. Who knew that shaving off 30 seconds from each mile could result in so much more sweat! Wowza.
3. I’m feeling rather blah about my hair lately. Maybe it’s because it’s summer or maybe it’s because I just had to have 4 inches taken off to fix a rather unfortunate haircut. A little sad about that, but what can you do? (Take a shitload of Biotin, is what you can do. Please groooowwwwww, hair. As Richard Marx would say, I’ll be right here waiting for you.) Anyway, if you are feeling a little follicularly unmotivated like me, I just posted the Lazy Girl Guide to Summer Hair. Maybe it will spark a little hair inspiration.
4. I just spent $18 on a loaf of bread, a gallon of organic milk, and a dozen organic eggs. YOU ARE KILLING ME, CALIFORNIA. Luckily, canned tuna and beans are cheap, so this delicious tuna and white bean salad is in heavy rotation. So good.
5. I forgot to mention that the winner of the La Plates giveaway is #69, Jillian!
Congratulations! Love that you will have your newly married monogram on some gorgeous plates very soon.
6. Speaking of giveaways, today is the last day to enter the Hipiti giveaway. Um, $50 at your favorite retail shop, people. J. Crew, Madewell, Gap, Bloomingdales…wherever your little heart desires. (I happen to know every single sale that is going on at those stores, thanks to my daily Hipiti email.) What are you waiting for?
7. Last but not least, I’m writing a series of posts on Disneyland at Babble. If you are planning on visiting the park soon with with a baby, here are my tried-and-true tips for making the day as stress-free as possible with a wee one.
Have a great weekend!