Odds and Ends
1. I mean, this might as well be a beauty blog lately, but please heed my advice. Buy this palette. It’s amazing. I’m not using anything else on my eyes right now (well, besides mascara) – I’m even using the darkest shadows as liners and I love it. The colors aren’t chalky at all, and I love that I don’t have to worry about shimmer and glitter falling all over my face. Did I mention I love it? I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOOO MUCH.
Enough with the beauty for a bit…
2. Up until this point, I always assumed that a “highly sensitive person” was someone who got their feelings hurt easily. It wasn’t until I started this book that I realized it goes far beyond that – a highly sensitive person is a person that possesses the innate trait of high sensory processing sensitivity. I bought the book with Wito in mind, but quickly realized (after scoring off the charts on the test), that I, too, am a HSP. If you have always noticed (or been over-stimulated by) subtleties in your environment – lights, sounds, even others’ feelings – that others don’t seem to notice, you would really enjoy this book. It has explained so many of my behaviors in certain situations.
3. Toxins are everywhere. Detox is such a hot subject right now, and it’s something I hear about all the time from my practitioners and my own research. However, many say that detoxing is a myth. In fact, here are some ways to avoid detox scams. What do you think about using supplements or foods to detox the body? Do you buy into it? If it’s all a scam, I just spent a fair amount of money on nothing over the past year and a half. Yikes.
4. Looking for a good read? I’m digging these suggestions.
5. Now that I live in a colder climate, I pretty much detest the thought of working out in the elements. Well, I think this article just changed my mind.
6. Oh yes. These words should be inspiration for a Mindful Monday post. (More coming in the new year!)