1. Quiet the noise – I’m hoping to turn the online volume way down this year. Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Google Reader…it’s just way too easy to get caught up in what everyone else is doing and wearing and eating and making. (Not that I think those things aren’t worthy….it’s just that I spend way too much time doing so.) Sometimes I feel completely consumed by my laptop, and come to think of it, that’s just silly. Turning the volume way down, folks.
2. More family time -The Go Mighty grant has been a great way to kick-start the family adventures, but this resolution isn’t about anything grand. I just want to go on lots of family walks, explore our new neighborhood, and enjoy the outdoors as a family. D and I are both homebodies, and we need to step up our game for the kiddos’ sake.
3. Run, run, run – I’m planning to run my first half marathon in April, so I think it’s high time to say goodbye to the treadmill training and get outdoors. I’m just such a creature of habit, and my treadmill runs are nice and predictable. It’s time to hit some trails! (Skeered.)
4. Be a better neighbor -Living in rentals and knowing that we would always be moving on, D and I have never put much effort into getting to know our neighbors. Now that we have bought a home in a neighborhood with wonderful neighbors, I want to spend time getting to know everyone, and I want them to consider me a source of support. (Or at least a person to happy to lend some sugar. Or a beer. Beer is good.)
5. Grow great grub – I have designated a big space in our new backyard as my garden. I have no idea where to start, but I am committed to starting a vegetable and herb garden this year. (And I am asking for all the help and resources you can provide!)
Anyone feeling these resolutions as well? Love to hear what’s on your plate for 2013.