OKC To-Do List (Inspired by my High School Reunion)
Look at us. Cigarettes hanging out of our mouths on the school grounds. Oh, such rebellious behavior! We’re SO COOL.
Part of the reason we are visiting Oklahoma is to attend my 20th high school reunion. How crazy is that? Crotchety.
In honor of my high school days, here are 7 things I will do this week.
1. Sunbathe by the pool while drinking a Sonic Cherry Limeade Slush spiked with vodka. (I will, however, be wearing SPF 30 and a hat instead of baby oil and a foil bib this time around.)
2. Listen to The Cure, Jellyfish, Nirvana, Charlatans UK, and Guns and Roses. Make a mix (tape).
3. Use a payphone. Page someone.
4. Make pizza bagels and/or some sort of random thrown-together meal at 2 a.m.
5. Use hot rollers, rat my bangs, and apply 3 layers of Revlon Toast of New York lipstick. (Brown lipstick trend, please don’t return.)
6. Play quarters. Drink a Beast Light. (Milwaukee’s Best.) Promptly gag and possibly vomit from the disgustingness.
7. And in true high school fashion, ponder life while listening to “Angel, Angel We Go Down Together” by Morrissey. Cry. Go make a pizza bagel.