Odds and Ends
1. BOOT SHAPERS. You guys, why did it take me 37 years to buy boot shapers? I formally bid adieu to the days of stuffing random cardboard or rolled-up socks or umbrellas in my boots in hopes that they stand up.
2. Spring has sprung, and it’s time to clean out my closet again. Just like Jessica, I am all about the closet clean up right now. Luckily, Christine at Boston Mamas has the best article on effectively cleaning out your closet.
3. MOUSSE. I’m telling you right now, if you have issues with your hair holding curl or falling flat mid-day, don’t be afraid of mousse! Forget the 80s stigma and bring mousse back into your regimen. Reagan from Hairdresser on Fire has a great post on her favorite mousses at Divine Caroline.
4. The winner from my Gilt giveaway is Laura.
Congratulations, Laura! I’ll be in touch shortly.
5. Wito hates green food, and I’m hoping for some commiseration at What in the Whoorld. (He keeps telling me that he will like vegetables when he is eight years old, so I just need to lay off.)
6. I love this post by Sarah Brown on home decor. Hilarious, so true, and made my husband fist-pump. Danielle Henderson’s quote could have come straight out of D’s mouth. Collect things that are meaningful to YOU. (For instance, a Hungarian spatula or a 20th century wash basin….)
7. Drumroll, please. For those of you who have Kindles and an Amazon Prime account, have you heard of the Kindle Lending Library? Greatest program EVER. (First things first, if you buy tons of stuff at Amazon, you simply must pay the $79 annual fee and become an Amazon Prime member. You get free 2-day shipping on almost everything, access to a bazillion movies and television shows streamed to your computer for free, and now, instant (FREE) access to Kindle books. It’s the best 79 bucks I’ve spent.) Anyway, instead of buying Kindle books, you can borrow one a month, with no due date. Amazon, I love you. (So does my lonely, dusty Kindle.)