Merry Christmas Eve!

Season’s Greetings! How are your Christmas preparations going? Are you up to your ears in present-wrapping, toy manual-reading, and packing like yours truly? Let’s exhale for a moment. Ahhhhhhhh. We are flying to Oklahoma City tomorrow to see family and friends for the next week. (Dear Universe, please don’t let us be buried in a freak snowstorm like last year’s holiday visit.)

Besides all of the holiday preparation, I have been immersing myself in transferring the appropriate information from my old laptop to my new one. A few days ago, as I was syncing my iPhone with the new laptop, I was asked if I wanted to download all of my iPhone photos to the computer. I clicked OK.

What happened next felt a little surreal. I watched 100 or so photos from the past two years on my iPhone briefly upload one-by-one on my screen in a mere minute or two. Photos that made me giggle, photos that made me a tad teary, and photos I had completely forgotten about.

You know the phrase, “life flashing before your eyes?” Yeah, it was definitely a miniature version of that.

I made a slideshow of the photos, and figured, what the hell, you might want to see it too.

(Disclaimer: If you would rather not see photos of my children, please RUN FAR AWAY.)

I sincerely hope all of you have a beautiful holiday season. xoxo

p.s. – My New Year’s resolution for 2011 is to take at least one photo every day for memory’s sake. Who’s in?

• AC

December 24, 2010 at 9:13 am

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Merry Christmas!

December 24, 2010 at 9:18 am

That was fun to watch! I loved the photo of Wito in his makeshift superhero outfit and Wita with the hat over her eyes and big smile. Plus all the sleeping captures- so precious.

It reminds me how time flies. I’ve been reading you since before you were pregnant with Wito! Glad to know you, lady. Happiest of holidays to you, the kids, D and your family.

xoxo

• Nothing But Bonfires

December 24, 2010 at 9:35 am

Awww, I loved it! Love that song too. Happy Christmas to you and D and W and W!

• Jen

December 24, 2010 at 9:36 am

That was really great! I like the idea of at least one photo every day in 2011. Our kids grow and change so fast, and I think sometimes we forget to soak it all in as it’s happening. I’m in!

Happy holidays to you and yours!

December 24, 2010 at 9:45 am

Aw, you made ME teary! (Also – totally in.)

Merry Christmas!

• Danielle (elleinadspir)

December 24, 2010 at 10:06 am

Bonham was dancing and trying to sing along to your slide show. Would love to see you guys when you are here if you have time. Merry Christmas and travel safe. No snow forecasted, so it should be easy!

• Jill V.

December 24, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Beautiful montage of pics! You have inspired me to do the same starting 1/1/11!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Jill Vaughn

PS – I posted this (oopps) with the Tassimo winner post!

• Linette

December 24, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Hope you don’t mind, but I’m totally copying this idea with my random iPhone pics and I’m definitely IN on one picture a day in 2011. Thanks for the idea and inspiration!

• SAJ

December 25, 2010 at 4:56 am

made me cry… but then I’m in the crying mood. love you guys.

• BeRefinnej

December 25, 2010 at 9:26 am

Great idea. I’ve noticed that since getting the iPhone, I only take pictures with it. I rarely take out the camera now.

Happy holidays!

• BeRefinnej

December 25, 2010 at 9:30 am

What a beautiful slideshow. Thanks for sharing!

• Kathleen

December 25, 2010 at 11:06 am

The video retrospective – Terrific Stuff. Raising my hand and ‘waving it like I just don’t care’ for photo 365.

• maile

December 26, 2010 at 12:07 pm

love this. so sweet.

• lisa

December 26, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I’ve read your blog since you were pregnant with Wito, & I was pregnant with my son. I love the thought of a pic a day in 2011…thank you for sharing YOUR gorgeous family!! Happy holidays to you all!

• Ninotchka

December 26, 2010 at 7:42 pm

How funny! I’m late reading this but just before hitting my feed reader I was working on my new 365 group that I’m starting on Flickr aptly named i365me. Join me?

Merry Christmas! I hope you’re enjoying your family visit.

• Sonja von Franck

December 27, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Love the idea – and I’m in – but I’m constantly frustrated by the amount of pictures I take – and never PRINT!! We gave the grandparents digital photo frames of about 350 pictures from 2010 for Christmas and I’m completely jealous! I’m sure we’ll get ourselves one soon, but the thought of some horrific incident/computer crash/theft and it all being GONE petrifies me when I think too long about it. I’d like to do a nice hard bound book on Shutterfly or something like it, but I’ve got to make the time. Thanks for the montage and the inspiration!! Your family is beautiful. :-)

December 28, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I love the idea of the pic a day in 2011–I’m in! And like others said in comments i’m totally going to steal the slideshow idea! LOVED IT! i think my fav out of the whole bunch was Wita with the hat over her eyes–so adorable!

• New Year’s Survey: AK | Tipsy Society

December 29, 2010 at 5:05 am

[…] my own little addition to this survey I thought I’d directly steal Whoorl’s idea of including a year in iPhone pics. Β It just really brings to light when you have a little one, […]

• Sarah

December 30, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Loved the slideshow! Happy New Year to you and your family. The kids are adorable and that little Wita is sure to be a heartbreaker when she grows up!

• Nick

December 31, 2010 at 3:41 pm

I just loved your sideshow. I missed you to wish you merry Christmas but I am here to wish you a happy new year for you and your family. Let all your desires and dream come true and lets hope this new year would be prosperous for all us.