1. That whole tweaking my back thing? Well well well. Turns out it’s back labor and I have one well-deserving word in regards to that. FUCK.

2. It seems buying shoes that I won’t be able to wear for several months is the only remedy currently working for me. Hence, these.

(Thanks to Alice for the heads up.)

Couldn’t decide between the red stripe and navy stripe, but navy won over when I considered my regular TOMS are red. See! I am still capable of rational decision-making, even when the shooting pains in my lower back make me involuntarily jerk, gasp and weep!

3. Speaking of Alice, she is also quite a fan of Anthony Bourdain. (Can’t wait to read Medium Raw.) I adore his writing, so if you click on any link today, please click this one. I’m telling you, if you have a child who watches the Noggin Channel, this blog post of his will have you rolling on the floor. Bourdain wrote it last summer, but I am sure to revisit it once or twice a month. Genius.

4. You know how you tie a scarf by making a loop and pulling the ends through? And how sometimes it leaves a large clump that doesn’t lay flat across your chest? Check out this alternate way of tying that leaves the scarf hanging completely flat. Again, GENIUS.

5. Did I mention that I love scarves and wear them daily? I will be telling you more about this borderline obsession when I put together my All-Encompassing Maternity Wear post. It’s everything you need to look stylish and put together throughout the lovely gestational period. (And it really doesn’t involve too much!)

6. Finally, I will leave you with some Gilt purchases for little Whoorlita. (Whose official first and second initials are MO. Anyone care to take a guess? No one has nailed it yet!)

Seriously, ladies. If you aren’t shopping for your little ones on Gilt yet, YOU CRAZY.

All Egg by Susan Lazar

• Melinda

June 3, 2010 at 10:13 am

I hope that your labor is fast and that she turns so that the back pains stop. Squee! Baby is coming.
    .-= Melinda´s last blog ..Our Dance =-.

• anie

June 3, 2010 at 10:15 am

ouch! I spent my entire labor (20 hours) with the back labor and the lovely Pit drip~and no walking! on the bed! egads. first baby came out like a canon, fast and easy. that second babe gave me hell.
    here’s hoping you end up with your delightful bundle of joy sooner than…later :)
    millie? margaret? maisy?
    olive? ophelia? odell?
    I don’t know the little mr.’s first and middle so I don’t have much to go on for how you roll with the names :)

It’s Anders Smith, for reference…

.-= anie´s last blog ..Life, captured in a new way =-.

• Emily

June 3, 2010 at 10:17 am

Mushroom Omelette.

What a pretty name for a baby!

Beautiful. We’ve been calling her Michelle Obama around here. ;)

.-= Emily´s last blog ..Other things that can be steam trains: Shopping carts, strollers, laundry baskets =-.

• Amy --- Just A Titch

June 3, 2010 at 10:17 am

Oh my goodness, back labor sounds hellish! But those SHOES! I think I need them :)

I can’t wait to see how gorgeous little Whoorlita is. I don’t think I have a good guess for the first name…but maybe Olivia for the middle name?

• ali

June 3, 2010 at 10:23 am

Mila Olivia.
    And if that’s not the name…I may have to have a baby just to use it.
    .-= ali´s last blog ..Geriatric People Walking =-.

• Annika

June 3, 2010 at 10:24 am

Meredith Olivia? Maeve Ophelia? Madeleine Odette? Margot Olive? Marley Octavia? GIVE ME A HINT!
    .-= Annika´s last blog ..Drive-By Kid Blogging =-.

• Jae

June 3, 2010 at 10:30 am

I hear you about the scarves! I only recently came around to them and am now madly in love with them. I have a few circle scarves in white, gray, and black along with a regular scarf in python (wild thing!). I found one on Etsy I’m in deep serious love with. It’s a gorgeous plum color. I bet it’d look astounding on you with your dark hair and eyes.

Good luck with everything! Can’t wait to see/meet little MO!

• hillary

June 3, 2010 at 10:34 am

Hmmm … I’m going with Magda Odell.
    .-= hillary´s last blog ..It’s Gonna Be A Glorious Day I Feel My Luck Could Change =-.

• Beth B

June 3, 2010 at 10:42 am

Back labor – uh oh. Wow. Thanks for the link on the new scarf tie thing – i’m totally going to try that! Also – i bought the Toms wedges yesterday too – i wanted the red stripe but ended up going with the solid black; figure if I like ’em i’ll end up getting more pairs…. eeek! OK well hang in there!

• Tina

June 3, 2010 at 10:46 am

I hope you are not in pain much longer…ouch! I have no name guesses. I’m awful with girl names. You are the 3rd recommendation for those shoes…I guess that means the universe is trying to tell me something? The scarf tutorial is great. I love to wear them too, but I always wear them so bulky.
    Hope all goes smoothly for you!

• Suzanne from pretty*swell

June 3, 2010 at 10:46 am

Love, LOVE those baby clothes. Never heard of gilt. Have been living in a closet, apparently. Thank you for the tip!

And, my vote for MO? Maxine Olive. Because it’s the first thing that comes to mind (and they’re two of the best names in our family). :)

Hang in there with the back labor! Stretching always helped me.
    .-= Suzanne from pretty*swell´s last blog ..Giveaway: Modern Bird Studios =-.

• K

June 3, 2010 at 10:47 am

Molly Olivia.
    Maier Opal.
    Maven Onyx.
    Mallory Ophelia.

• Linette

June 3, 2010 at 10:50 am

Back labor blows…been there. Seriously thought my backbone was being twisted and separated from the inside out. Hang in there.

Madeleine Olivia?
    Mia Olive?

Love your blog – I lurk often!

• Carrie

June 3, 2010 at 10:51 am

Was just thinking about you and your back this morning…come out child, come out (as peacefully and painlessly as possible). There is a world of filled with shoes awaiting you.

Matilda Oriana
    Maggie Oriel

Mother of pearl, please say her middle name’s not Oprah (no offense to Oprah or you if she’s, like, related to you or if you promised her your first daughter’s middle name would be hers).

Thinking of you and ps – just grabbed a pair of the Toms this morning myself.

Hang in there Mama.
    .-= Carrie´s last blog ..Cheesy Frittata, Zested Stone Fruit and Adult Strawberry Lemonade =-.

• Cortney

June 3, 2010 at 10:55 am

Two guesses –

Madeline Oribel (Oribel is Latin for ‘golden beauty’)

or Maribel(le) Olivia

Good luck!

• Rhi

June 3, 2010 at 11:05 am

Ooh! The TOMS wedges come in 11, which means I’ll be getting a pair.

• Kate

June 3, 2010 at 11:10 am

Marni Olivia
    Marin Oliva
    Marin Octavia
    Milly Octavia
    Margaret Olympia

love the clothes. Almost enough to want another baby.

• Kaleigha

June 3, 2010 at 11:12 am

I love those TOMS wedges. And that little girl is going to be looking good for sure!
    .-= Kaleigha´s last blog ..OOTD (06.03.10) Emerald Cascade love. =-.

• K

June 3, 2010 at 11:13 am

• Danielle (elleinadspir)

June 3, 2010 at 11:38 am

Holy cow I want those wedges! Sorry about the back labor. It took me a while to figure out that was what mine was too verses just random
    back pain. So sorry!

These name guesses are cracking me up. I can’t even begin to guess !

Thank you for the link. Showing the queen of fashion a fashion tip pretty much made my year. I’m now inspired to step up my fashion game…well, aside from today.
    .-= Danielle (elleinadspir)´s last blog ..That’s impossible, sir, it’s in Johnson’s underwear… =-.

• Deenuts Dana

June 3, 2010 at 11:51 am

Manders O’Smith.

No really, I got nothing.

Okay, that made me laugh.

.-= Deenuts Dana´s last blog ..Potty Time =-.

June 3, 2010 at 11:53 am

With you and D as her parents, she is sure to be super stylish. Buying little girl’s clothes is so much fun. And yet so many of my friends keep having boys.

I like the middle name Olivia. If you’re not using it, maybe I will someday. I get stuck on girl names!
    .-= sizzle´s last blog ..Tilling =-.

• Katie

June 3, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Madeleine Ophelia…?

• Kim

June 3, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Madison Oakley
    Madison Olivia
    ….Moli Oli

ready for the maternity wear post!

• Jen B

June 3, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Madeline Olivia. Are you going to tell us if someone guesses it right or KEEP US IN SUSPENSE?!?!?!?!?!

• K

June 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm

June 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm

I will tell you that the middle name has been guessed, but the first name has not. How you like them apples? ;)

Great guesses, by the way! I think some of you might know me better than I thought!

• Gabriela

June 3, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Maya Olivia? I love the name Maya…it’s my nieces name.

• Kate

June 3, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I can’t stand this–love to keep guessing.
    May Octavia
    May Olivia
    Mable (personal fave as family name)

• Nothing But Bonfires

June 3, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Oh man, so her middle name IS Omelette then! I knew it.

June 3, 2010 at 1:34 pm

I want those shoes! And those clothes *almost* make me want another baby! And…I suck at name guesses. Email me?

*Bats baby blues*

Not telling, Miss Baby Blues!!

.-= Angella´s last blog ..Everybody Loves A Trainwreck =-.

• Rachel

June 3, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Melinda? Morgan?

I, too, feel the middle name must be Olivia!

• kat

June 3, 2010 at 1:46 pm

and here i thought you could name her kat. :)

mia. marlo. marla. michaela. marcella. maria. maeve. malia. MADONNA!

ok that’s all i have.

have you heard of zulily? it’s the newcomer to the totsy/gilt world for kiddos/babies. also? those rompers you bought? adorable!
    .-= kat´s last blog ..things i love thursday =-.

• Rebecca (Bearca)

June 3, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Just to share my guess with the world: Millie Olivia!

She will be absolutely gorgeous, whatever her name is. Cannot wait to meet her. I’ll still call her Darling D. :)
    .-= Rebecca (Bearca)´s last blog ..I can’t believe I’m posting this =-.

• andrea

June 3, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I hate guessing games! Marlo, Molly, Maisie?

Sorry for the back labor, that sucks! Hoping she arrives soon so you can enjoy your new shoes ; )

Love the baby purchases, so cute!

• Allison

June 3, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Please write the All-Encompassing Maternity Wear Post soon! I’m 13 weeks and also long-waisted and would love some advice for what to wear the next 6 months.

• Maggie

June 3, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Back labor…that sucks!! BUT it is exciting! Sending wishes for a quick and painless delivery your way. Chris and I are very excited for you guys. Girls are such fun.

• Caroline

June 3, 2010 at 3:18 pm

These adorable dresses are making me giddy with excitement that I finally have a baby girl to buy for!!! Can’t wait for MO to arrive soon.

• Carrie

June 3, 2010 at 3:58 pm

frickin A I was just eating another cupcake when it hit me!!

MARTIN OSA (in honor of the store that’s almost no more.)

nah, not really – but it did cross my mind and crack me up

YES! YES! You nailed it, Carrie!

• Traci

June 3, 2010 at 4:16 pm

So sorry about the back labor! That sounds so uncomforable!

My guess…

Malin Olivia?
    .-= Traci´s last blog ..Happy 4th Birthday! =-.

• Alice Q. Foodie

June 3, 2010 at 4:40 pm

You are welcome, chica! Thanks for the link! ;) Such cute clothes! Hope you are feeling good!
    .-= Alice Q. Foodie´s last blog ..Bankers Hill Bar & Restaurant – San Diego =-.

• Jessica

June 3, 2010 at 4:54 pm

.-= Jessica´s last blog ..Rolling Over! =-.

• ellbee

June 3, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Yes, please, with the all-encompassing maternity post NAO! I’m just sitting here, pondering my independently moving belly, and wondering HOW I’m going to make it through 4 more months of this! Because, of course, I work in fashion, and of course I’m expected to dress the part EVERY day. And I’m getting tired of leggings…

• am'ti b

June 3, 2010 at 5:43 pm

several of my o names were mentioned so i am pumped, none of my m names so i am still in the game. btw habibi owns that egg outfit in dos colors! very cute.

• kate

June 3, 2010 at 5:48 pm

• slynnro

June 3, 2010 at 7:05 pm

I am not a fan of flat Tom’s, but those are pretty cute….
    .-= slynnro´s last blog ..Why’d You Have to Go and Make Things So Complicated? =-.

• Molly

June 3, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Macy (Maecie? Macie?) Ora???

• Abs

June 4, 2010 at 4:41 am

Merritt, Mira, Mirabel? I love all 3 of those.

• Liss

June 4, 2010 at 5:47 am

Oh no! Back labor! Probably means Whoorlita is facing your pubic bone instead of your tailbone. Ouch ouch ouch. If you want to encourage her to turn, spend some time in a yoga “child’s pose” – you know, basically with your butt in the air. Hope you find some relief.

• Sally

June 4, 2010 at 6:28 am

Tossing out my guess:
    Millicent Olive…

• mommymae

June 4, 2010 at 8:13 am

i hope you meet your baby girl soon, whatever her name may be.
    .-= mommymae´s last blog ..remembering: a series of posts highlighting old family photos and the stories they tell =-.

• Meghan

June 4, 2010 at 9:26 am

I for one hope that it is Meghan Olive.

• Ali

June 4, 2010 at 10:23 am

Please, please write the All-Encompassing Maternity Wear post soon! I’m three months along in my first pregnancy, starting to show, and I need HELP!

Right now in my shorts and tank I look like a junior sorority girl who’s been hitting the beer too hard.

• Jammer

June 4, 2010 at 10:26 am

Molly Olivia?

I have no idea lol
    .-= Jammer´s last blog ..New Header! TADA! =-.

• Maggie Mason

June 4, 2010 at 11:18 am

I hope you’re naming her Margaret. It is the very best M name on record. Though I’m newly partial to Marlo as well. Good luck, sweets! Fingers crossed for a healthy labor and a laid back baby.

• Morgan

June 4, 2010 at 12:46 pm

My guess was Millie/Milla Olivia

Or, Morgan. One of the best names. :)
    .-= Morgan´s last blog ..An Estate Sale and Photoshoot =-.

• miguelina

June 4, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Oh, I feel for you. I FEEL for you. I went through the very same thing last fall. In my case, the epidural finally gave me blessed relief from back labor. I fell asleep for a few hours before having to push…oh it was heaven.

You poor thing. Have plenty of help the first few days after the delivery…you’ll probably be sore, and need extra TLC. D? Do you hear me? :)

As far as the name? Margaret Olivia? Matilda/Mattie? Monica? Marcela? (so she can match my Matthias)? Or just Maria? It’s going to be something simple and fresh, I just know it!

Wait! Mamacita? Yes?
    .-= miguelina´s last blog ..Cecilia Cassini =-.

• giselle

June 4, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Misty Olive?
    Mikaela Olive?
    McKenzie Olive?
    Meleah Olive?

• Natalie

June 5, 2010 at 12:52 am

My guess is Marley

• Colleen

June 5, 2010 at 10:38 am

Maris Olivia?

• Rose

June 5, 2010 at 10:40 pm

oh my god those outfits are to die for! i love the first and fourth the most… love the blue and purple and stripes!

and toms wedges…. i want!
    .-= Rose´s last blog ..Summer break… =-.

• Kerri Anne

June 7, 2010 at 11:27 pm

I wear scarves everyday, too! We are scarf obsessive twins! (SOTS, for short.)

I hereby declare your little one is going to be the best dressed kiddo in all the land.

Also, I think her middle name is Olivia. And if her first name is Mallory, then you would have named her one of my all-time favorite names.

No matter what, I’m sure her name will be beautiful. Just like she will be. (Related: I can’t wait to meet her!)
    .-= Kerri Anne´s last blog ..Interest In Your Bold Rejection Of Social Norms As Evidenced By Your Dyed Hair =-.

• […] you guessed the middle name correctly, I must say that no one guessed MO’s first name in the comments, on Twitter or in the emails I received. BWAHAHAAAAA, it is a mystery of epic porportions! I HOLD […]

• Mary Rose

June 8, 2010 at 11:25 am

Maple or Mable?

• Allison

June 8, 2010 at 11:34 am

I think her name is going to be Marlowe Olivia… I am throwing that in the hat and dancing around it…. :)

Congrats again and here’s to a speedy and comfortable delivery….
    .-= Allison´s last blog ..HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!! =-.

• ChrisB

June 8, 2010 at 11:47 am

Madeleine Olivia
    .-= ChrisB´s last blog ..May Gray =-.

• Lyndsay

June 8, 2010 at 11:54 am

Did anyone guess Mercer Olivia? I only read through a few comments.

• Luisa

June 8, 2010 at 11:54 am

Did anyone say Miranda yet?

June 8, 2010 at 11:58 am

Still a mystery….great guesses, though!

• Charlotte

June 8, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Margot/Margeaux Olivia? Martine Olivia? Although, if you’re going for a last minute switch, Manders is ten types of awesome.

Wait, Charlotte. Anders and Manders? Don’t think so… ;)

• Rowenna

June 8, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Marjory? Majesty? Maureen? Melissa? Monique? Mindy? Mandy? Melinda? Marina? Missy? Minnie? Melody? Merrilee? Marilea? Michaeleen? Maika? Magnolia? Makaria? Margo? Maybee? (as in, Arrested Development??) or, how about May? I don’t think that’s been up yet… or Maisie or Maybelle. Or any variety of Mary – MaryAnne, Marianne, MaryBeth, Marybelle, Marietta, Marianna, Marie…

There really are a lot of M names…

• Justine

June 8, 2010 at 1:59 pm

The first thing that came to me was Megan Olivia… Olivia is my middle name too :)

June 8, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Nope! No dice, folks.

• Kiki

June 8, 2010 at 4:27 pm

it is my favorite name for the second girl I will probably never have , because I already have 3 kids. Don’t steal it.

• joslyn

June 8, 2010 at 6:06 pm

i had back labor with audrey…and yes, FUCK is absolutely appropriate.

i didn’t read through all the guesses, but i’m throwing out Maude and Millicent.

• lucy

June 8, 2010 at 6:16 pm

• Meghan

June 8, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Mary Olive
    You can call her Mary O

• Susie Sunshine

June 9, 2010 at 5:05 am

This isn’t even a challenge.
    The adorable new baby girl shall be known far and wide as:
    Monastery, Obviously

• Kelsey

June 9, 2010 at 5:38 am

McKenna? Makayla?

• Lori

June 9, 2010 at 6:54 am

Makenna? Merryn?

• Heather

June 9, 2010 at 7:05 am

Miriam, Marianne, Meryl….?

• Carolyn

June 9, 2010 at 8:05 am

Marina or Mireille are my guesses. Good luck!

• Jill

June 9, 2010 at 9:58 am

Maren? Margot? Minnie? Moira? Muriel?

Good luck!

• Texas

June 9, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Maura Olivia?

• Gia

June 9, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Ok, first I gotta go with the one closest to my name…..
    I give up if that isn’t right. I am sure we’ll see REALLY SOON :)

• Joyce

June 10, 2010 at 8:36 am

what about Mackenzie?

• Leslie

June 10, 2010 at 11:59 am

Mina or Mabel

• Félicie

June 10, 2010 at 12:02 pm

• Erica

June 12, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Just had to try some guesses.

• Michele

June 15, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I’ve been lurking and looking at the name guesses.
    I don’t think I’ve seen these yet:
    I love them both.

• MauraLessa

June 18, 2010 at 8:37 am

Someone guessed my name (Maura). I will guess my nickname… MULVA!! I’ll have to tell you the story behind it sometime. Can’t wait to meet little Miss Mo.

• Meghan

June 22, 2010 at 9:31 am

Hmmm…only names I haven’t seen (that came to mind) are :
    Melody, Melanie, Martha, Metalia (ok, only cause I read her blog)
    As for middle, I am going with Olive, because I adore it!
    Hope Saturday comes quickly for you, can’t wait to catch a glimpse of your new little lovely.