40 Weeks + 1 day

Whoorlita seems to be comfy and cozy and NOT going anywhere. Her due date came and went with not an ounce of fanfare.

So we took a 2-mile hike this morning.

Although this might be a better depiction of the way I currently feel.

Have you read about the Sneaky Hate Spiral at Hyperbole and a Half? Yeah. I am nearing Rage Sprinkler territory. (Also, check out Wito’s windblown Dwight Schrute hair.)

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I must scarf down an enormous bowl of incredibly spicy Kung Pao chicken. Peace be with you.

• Qwerrtee

June 27, 2010 at 1:19 pm

You’re hilarious!

• SoMo

June 27, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I totally understand how you are feeling. My first was 5 days late and I was miserable. Hell, I was miserable with the other 2, which were scheduled c-sections, toward the end. However, I will say you look fantastic. Enjoy your meal, hope it works.
    .-= SoMo´s last blog ..Children- by Nature- are Disgusting =-.

• Jessie

June 27, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I’ve totally been there, so I’m wishing a labor start in the very near future. In the meantime, maybe try this: http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm ?

Ah, man. I’m allergic to eggplant.

• Rosa

June 27, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Oh man get that baby out! Haha

• Michelle

June 27, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Hang in there! {Easier said than done!} My OB told us the only thing that works is sex…. even that didn’t work for us!
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..Fourth of July Let Them Eat Flag Cake =-.

• Jammer

June 27, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Wito is 9 feet tall! Is he dunking on you yet?
    .-= Jammer´s last blog ..Birthdays and beer =-.

• Mama in the City

June 27, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Your baby will be here sometime soon! I know how hard those final days can be, especially with one already under foot.

• Mama in the City

June 27, 2010 at 2:20 pm

oops! pressed enter too soon. Anyways, you look really fantastic in the picture. Good luck with your upcoming labor and of course the labor story that you will entertain us with later on. I think I started reading this blog when you had your first baby!
    .-= Mama in the City´s last blog ..The End Of An Era- Goodbye Glass Coffee Table =-.

• little miss mel

June 27, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I felt such pressure once I hit my due date, people waiting for me to have Hola. Like it needed to happen while the people who could watch Rt were still available. THAT was the most stressful part.

Be careful with that spicy Asian food. All it did for me, with Rt, was poop on the table. HAHAHAHAHAH. Ya, it wasn’t funny then, but NOW it is….

HUGS to you!
    .-= little miss mel´s last blog ..Feed Me Fridays- Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars =-.

• Mama Bub

June 27, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Well you look fantastic, despite how you must feel, if that’s any consolation.
    .-= Mama Bub´s last blog ..How Did He Know =-.

• jora

June 27, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Get busy with D…that is supposed to be the best way to get labor going!
    .-= jora´s last blog ..Happy Summer- =-.

• Melissa

June 27, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Uh, yeah, been there… my first son was 11 days late. ELEVEN DAYS in the middle of HOT, HUMID JULY. I was walking around the neighborhood 2-3 times a day, eating spicy food, getting busy with the husband… nothing doing. Then we scheduled an induction for the 19th and boom, I went into labor in the wee hours of the 18th. Oliver was NOT going to be told when HE would be born (and boy, that was a sign for things to come, lol).

At 40-41.5 weeks I was puffy like the Michelin Man. You, however, look amazing and gorgeous. But I know you’re probably feeling just as annoyed/impatient/evil as I did, so here’s hoping Whoorlita makes her grand entrance soon!!

• Amy

June 27, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I only went to 39 weeks with my first and 36 weeks with my second, and I was actually disappointed! I thought it would be fun to go out and have people say, “When are you due?” and to say “Today!” or even “Yesterday!” and then fake a contraction, just to mess with them.

I’m a little bit evil.

The one I’m carrying now will be induced at 37 weeks so I don’t have him or her on the highway (my last labor was all of one hour, 9 minutes). So I’ll never make it to 40 +1. In other words, go out and freak a few people out for me, ok?

And have sex – that actually helps. Prostoglandins. I know you probably feel extremely sexy at this time. :)
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Taking a Page Out Of Mimis Book =-.

• beyond

June 27, 2010 at 3:54 pm

time for raspberry leaf tea?
    good luck, i am rooting for you from the sidelines!
    .-= beyond´s last blog ..love =-.

• Ashlea

June 27, 2010 at 3:58 pm

My son was born a month ago and was a few days late. So I know exactly how you feel! I tried everything and he would not come out. The thing that actually got him out was sex. Right afterwards my waters broke and I started getting contractions.

Hope that helps!
    .-= Ashlea´s last blog ..Sex- Boobs and Baby Bump =-.

• gorillabuns

June 27, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Sex? hahaaha! yea, if D ever wants to get some in the future, I’m thinking sex is not the way to get whoorlita here.:)

p.s. i love they hyperbole blog. so freaking funny!

• Ninotchka

June 27, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I went over every.single.time. Even though I thought I might because I knew each time almost exactly when we’d conceived, it was still maddening. Hang in there. I’ll send some labor-y vibes your way!

• Jae

June 27, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Hahha, so funny!

I remember running up and down my basement steps to get labor started. It worked!

I’m thinking labor-y vibes for you!

• Suzanne @ pretty*swell

June 27, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Oh, girl. I feel you!

Hope M.O. makes her way into the world SOON!

Hugs!
    .-= Suzanne @ pretty*swell´s last blog ..COOTER- =-.

• Danielle (elleinadspir)

June 27, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Little Miss Mel is cracking me up. I always think the spicy food before labor combo is a risky one!

Hang in there. The days of waiting will fade into memory soon enough.
    .-= Danielle (elleinadspir)´s last blog ..Sunday and its so hard to say goodbyepart 9 =-.

• Siera

June 27, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Hope little Wita makes her entrance soon.
    .-= Siera´s last blog ..Missing =-.

• carrie

June 27, 2010 at 7:58 pm

i was thinking about you and your little lady all weekend….hmmmm

i especially love that second pic you included. yowsers! she better get the lead out!

and ps you look amazing.

one last thought: jumping jacks?
    .-= carrie´s last blog ..Strawberry Lemongrass Crumble With Whipped Ginger =-.

• Calee

June 27, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Hang in there! Make lots of baby-free plans for the week? Then she’ll be sure to ruin them…

• bhb

June 27, 2010 at 11:57 pm

your dad is fashion forward in his K swiss! please, can you have him guest appear? I’d love to see him show+discuss his shoe collection faves! I feel like he might have some amazing ones!

June 28, 2010 at 6:46 am

You never fail to crack me up.

Let’s go, Whoorlita! We want to meet you!
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..Somewhere In The Middle =-.

• Heather

June 28, 2010 at 6:54 am

too funny! my second is due Sept 23 & my first came on her due date, so I can imagine I’ll be feeling the same way if it passes and no baby this time.

• Kate

June 28, 2010 at 10:18 am

I totally feel for you- my first was 10 days late. At least your parents are there, so they don’t need to think of excuses to call twice a day to see if the baby’s arrived yet (“Hey, did you hear? Blueberries are on sale this week!”).

• Lynn

June 28, 2010 at 11:54 am

My first was three weeks early. So my second pregnancy I heard about how I would be early, was already dilated to 2 at 33 weeks, and then she hung in there and was 3 days late. I was so miserable.

• kat

June 28, 2010 at 2:33 pm

if anything, i want whoorlita to come out so we can know her name. :) and also i can’t imagine being pregnant for that long. ooh boy.
    .-= kat´s last blog ..you know what’s nice =-.

• domestic extraordinaire

June 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm

I am so sorry that Whoorlita is late, but I am sure she is figuring that you went to all the trouble to make the induction appointment, she might as well wait until then.

I won’t scare you with details of how overdue my children were, especially Giggles…trust me it was too long.
    .-= domestic extraordinaire´s last blog ..You Capture-The I Really Cant Read but Somehow Play a Writer on the Interwebs Edition =-.

• Daily Cup of Jo

June 28, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I didn’t read all the comments but I see sex has been mentioned as a way to get Whoorlita out. People told me that and I looked at them knowing they were picturing my big fat self on top of my very fit husband – and we were all disgusted. Sex at 40 weeks?! Who the hell are these people? Maybe if you called her Mary or Molly or Emily or Sara, she’d consider facing the world. Whoorlita’s gonna be tough.

Good luck! I was so big and overdue, they induced and I had a C-section anyway. In the end, it’s a baby and that’s what matters. Little comfort now, sorry.
    .-= Daily Cup of Jo´s last blog ..Monday review- Despicable Me- summer television and the World Cup =-.

• Jenn

June 28, 2010 at 9:20 pm

My 1st was born on his due date, so I assumed my 2nd would be born on his due date as well. Never assume!!!! I was 10 days over due…BUT…the worst part was dealing with everyone else’s preoccupation with the due date. My midwife told me that anything from 38-42 weeks gestation was in the norm AND I SO WISHED I have told everyone that I was due 2 weeks after my “due date” so I could have avoided all the stress that went along with everyone else’s questions and expectations. In short…not that this post was anywhere near that…your little girl will decide when she wants to come out and I wish you all the best. The wait is not easy, though it will make the delivery all the more amazing.

• emily bilbrey

June 29, 2010 at 12:22 am

well, at least you still look adorable! haha! hang in there mama. you’re doing a fabulous job.

x!
    .-= emily bilbrey´s last blog ..that elusive northwest sun =-.

• Erika

June 29, 2010 at 7:50 am

If it makes you feel any better, you are the prettiest pregnant woman I have ever seen!

• gorillabuns

June 29, 2010 at 9:07 am

okay, if you aren’t going to have this baby anytime soon, you have to update us daily!

• Ashley

June 29, 2010 at 10:37 am

I agree with Gorillabuns, we’re all anxiously awaiting the arrival of your little one. Not nearly as much as you are, I’m sure, but still. It’s a with baited breath sorta deal.

Hope you’re finding things to fill those moments and I sincerly hope that baby vacates soon! :)

• Ali

June 29, 2010 at 1:00 pm

The Dwight Schrute hair comment made me LOL! I’m so glad I found your blog. You are freakin’ hilarious.

As for Whoorlita coming (and you should know this being female)

you can’t rush a lady. ever. ;)

Good Luck!
    xoxo

• Adventures In Babywearing

June 30, 2010 at 9:18 pm

I saw your photo on Twitter. LOVE her name so much. So happy for you. I wish you well, and lots of newborn head sniffing.

Steph
    .-= Adventures In Babywearing´s last blog ..crazy heart =-.