Moving Right Along

We’re moving in 5 days.

This is the extent of my packing. Good progress, right?

(HOLY SHIT. HELP ME.)

• Kim

February 1, 2010 at 12:32 pm

We just did that this weekend. Tried to get it all done in one weekend. Don’t know what the hell we were thinking! Good luck!
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..Baby Jail =-.

• Kimberly

February 1, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Is it possible for you to hire some help? I think that would be money well spent… even if it’s just to get some momentum going rather than to pack the whole house.

• deb

February 1, 2010 at 12:36 pm

If I ever, ever move again, I will scrape every penny I can sweep up, find under a sofa cushion or beg for together to pay someone to pack our stuff for us. I cannot imagine doing it with a tot underfoot!

P.S. Good luck!
    .-= deb´s last blog ..best cocoa brownies =-.

February 1, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Doing it with a tot AND 20 weeks pregnant! Fantastic.

Oh, I’ll get it done. FOR I AM A MACHINE.

• HollyLynne

February 1, 2010 at 12:42 pm

It always comes together at the last minute. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    .-= HollyLynne´s last blog ..Bits for Bean =-.

• Rachel Shingleton

February 1, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Where do I send my donation for the movers and — more importantly — the packers? I’m feeling your pain. Moving sucks.
    .-= Rachel Shingleton´s last blog ..Paperwink Stamps =-.

• Brittany

February 1, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Ugh, and I bet you have only packed the easy things, like winter coats or books.
    .-= Brittany´s last blog ..Baby Bump at 19 weeks =-.

• martymankins

February 1, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Good luck on the move. Hope it’s not going too far.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Fictionally Speaking =-.

• Kristabella

February 1, 2010 at 2:28 pm

That’s about where I was back in April when I moved.

But I was just packing and moving me!

Good luck!
    .-= Kristabella´s last blog ..Bystander Effect =-.

• MelissaOK

February 1, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Ugh… I know how you feel. I’m STILL unpacking from my own recent move.

• Parks

February 1, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I just moved too, and I’m honestly still finding random objects that got wedged throughout my car. I even forgot I stuffed half of my bedding in my trunk, and it flew out like a freaking jack-in-the-box when I opened my trunk the other day.

Good luck!

jjparks.wordpress.com
    .-= Parks´s last blog ..Trouble at the Banana Stand =-.

• Trinity(of haiku tofu)

February 1, 2010 at 4:19 pm

I ALWAYS pack at the 11th hour… there’s simply no other way I know. Not enough time to stress- it goes by in a flash and then SUDDENLY you’re in your new home thinking, How the hell did I just do that?
    .-= Trinity(of haiku tofu)´s last blog ..Vegan Bake Sale: Success! =-.

February 1, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I’m thinking our current Words With Friends game isn’t helping you. (But it’s helping me…stupid epic day of travel).

You should have put me to work this weekend. But I know you’ll get it done. Go, Sarah!
    .-= Angella´s last blog ..Not Guilty =-.

• Mama in the City

February 1, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Well, this could be considered EXCELLENT progress if you were minimalists and this was ALL your stuff…but you have a young child so I will highly doubt that. Plus all your hair stuff to consider. Oh dear!
    .-= Mama in the City´s last blog ..I Am Grateful!! =-.

• Heather B.

February 1, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Are you kidding? It’s 23 degrees here. I’ll be on the next flight out. There best be a whoorlgarita waiting.
    .-= Heather B.´s last blog ..My descent into fogydom =-.

• kat

February 1, 2010 at 5:28 pm

omg. if only i lived close by! i’m totally a monica geller when it comes to these things. organizing! label maker! check!
    .-= kat´s last blog ..social media at its best. =-.

• Kristin

February 2, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Last time I moved, I was so disgusted and disheartened with the task at hand, I just left a giant towering garbage mountain on my driveway and called the junk haulers. True story.

Except, your stuff is nicer than mine and you’re not insane, so it may not be an option for you.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Ass kicking of the Twenties =-.

• Daily Cup of Jo

February 2, 2010 at 4:42 pm

The last time I moved, I had about ten times as many boxes packed and was feeling mighty proud. Moving day came and it was if I had packed nothing! Moving sucks! But hey, it happens. Good luck and keep your cool.

Great site, by the way.

• Sadie at heymamas

February 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Good luck. We just recently moved and it wasn’t as bad as I thought but I wasn’t preggers. Just take it slowly and try not to stress.

Sadie at heyMamas

• Parks

February 3, 2010 at 2:45 pm

haha and I thought I had a lot of stuff to move!

jjparks.wordpress.com
    .-= Parks´s last blog ..Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted – John Lennon =-.

• Lindsay

February 3, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Dear Sarah,

We have never met, I barely know you, but you are freaking hilarious.
    When I read your blog…I seriously think: how did she know to capitalize THIS. And put (that) in parenthesis. So that we all understand her INFLECTIONS. It is amazing because you can’t go to English class to learn that. Really you are brilliant and ya make me laugh.

Thanks for sharing with the whoorld.
    (Sorry, I just couldn’t help mysef!)

Lindsay