Dauphine T-strap Sandals

dauphne

$68 (on sale!), J. Crew

This is my sandal of the summer. I bought both silver and gold, and will probably have either pair on my feet the majority of this season. Maxi dresses, Bermuda shorts, flirty skirts, summer-weight chinos…these babies will go with anything!

• mommymae

June 26, 2009 at 7:53 am

while i love these, i’m not sure i could wear them. i have a really high arch in my foot & straps are usually too tight, but dang, they’re cute!

• Talk With No Thought

June 26, 2009 at 7:55 am

LOOOOOVE these

• Trend Hater

June 26, 2009 at 8:02 am

Oh, look! The shoe that every stinking retailer is selling an exact replica of right now, from Old Navy to Nordstrom to J.Crew! And in TWO oh-so-trendy metallic shades! Way to embrace your creativity and individual style!

I am boycotting these shoes because: A. they cut the wearer’s foot off at the ankle, making legs look short and squatty, B. and they resemble g-strings for the feet, and C. I refuse to wear trends that will be uncool in two months.

I don’t find these sandals trendy at all. I’ve been wearing T-straps and/or metallics for years and years, and the beauty of these particular sandals lies in their simplicity. I have no doubt that I will love these shoes for quite awhile.

• Tammi Marie

June 26, 2009 at 8:43 am

I’ve felt these shoes and they are so not flexible. Blah, boring. I like your Dolce Vita shoes a lot more.

• Kelley

June 26, 2009 at 8:46 am

I do love these and they would definitely go with a lot…however, $68, even on sale, is too much for my budget these days. :( One day, J.Crew, I will run back into your cashmere arms!

• Joanna

June 26, 2009 at 8:50 am

Very cute. I only wish I had the legs for flat shoes of any kind. (Wah wahhhh.) I actually think they would go great with J. Crew’s 3-inch chino shorts, too.

• Marissa

June 26, 2009 at 9:33 am

Cute!

• Emily

June 26, 2009 at 11:35 am

I have these shoes as well in GOLD and love them! I have really flat feet and as a result my dogs really bark (does everyone say that saying for their feet hurting or just my fam?) when i walk a lot. My feet even get tired in my comfy havianas and my new balances. Matt and I were just recently in NYC and I took a chance and wore these out one day (fashion over form). I thought my feet were going to be killing, but oddly enough, they weren’t. So, these shoes are cute and totally comfortable for walking upwards of 4-5 miles per day. I told Matt that is must be the Italian leather that cushions and massages my foot just so.

• Brittany

June 26, 2009 at 6:38 pm

I had been struggling with what to wear with bermuda shorts. Now I know.

• jenB

June 26, 2009 at 11:53 pm

I love them. I think they go with everything during the summer and they are so delicate that I think they actually elongate one’s legs. However, they are so flat, my old lady feet would die, Italian leather or not. I would wear them regardless, just not for 4 miles a day.

I wish we had a J.Crew in Canada.

• Cee

June 27, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Pretty! They would kill my feet though. Completely flat with no padding or arch support or anything? Ouch.

• Kristi G

June 28, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Love them, but too open for my wide feet!

• Lin

June 28, 2009 at 6:46 pm

Nothing so classic as a t-strap sandal. It’s a style that has had me in its clutches since the first pair of ‘grown-up’ sandals I got in 1958 to wear to a summer outdoor wedding. I was 10 years old and can still remember every detail of them…white leather with several pastel leather flowers on the ‘t’. I have two pairs now: one black punched with edgy brushed nickle and the other pair red.
    .-= Lin´s last blog ..Mothering Sunday =-.

• KateP

June 29, 2009 at 7:29 am

Who knew t-straps were so controversial? I love those. Has anyone seen the guava metallic in person? Is it bronzey or orangey, I wonder?

• ali

June 29, 2009 at 8:43 am

I bought a few pairs like these for the summer
    (my first flat sandals EVER, I mean, other than flip flops, of course.)

I LOVE them.
    .-= ali´s last blog ..it’s beginning to look a lot like… =-.

• Jenn

June 29, 2009 at 11:45 am

I have these sandals in Silver and LOVE LOVE LOVE them! They really are beautiful and very comfy. Of course I am a sandal girl and wear flip flops and t-straps all summer long. I actually got mine on sale in the store a week ago and have worn them a lot already. My only complaint is that the silver finish has worn off just under the ball of my foot, it’s a nude color underneath. You cannot tell when I am wearing them, only when I take them off. These are great shoes! And I think t-straps are a classic style that looks great with everything from shorts to jeans, skirts and trousers. The metallic finish let’s them go from casual to dressy, but always comfy and stylish without being too trendy. These sandals will be in style well beyond this summer. Love them.

• TJ