My current crushes

This post is exactly what I need right now. Thanks to Amy’s comment and Joslyn’s series for giving me the idea.

crushes.jpg

1. Tom Colicchio – I don’t know what it is, but I have had several impure thoughts about this man. Very much looking forward to the Top Chef premiere tonight.

2. Retro hairstyles – I’ve always had a soft spot for 40’s and 50’s hairstyles, and I’ve recently become obsessed with YouTube how-to videos. This gal is awesome, and I just now realized that a very brief segment of her video was shown on my Nightline segment.

3. NARS Dolce Vita lipstick with Chanel Glossimer in Pagoda on top – Shiny, pinky-rose perfection.

4. Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate – I’ve only had one of these, but it damn sure changed my life.

5. Ashley G’s Beard illustrations – I want to create a room where one wall is covered entirely in these beard illustrations. I dig a man with a good beard.

6. J Brand black cigarette jeans – My #1 clothing staple this fall.

7. Twilight movie – I’m not embarrassed to admit that my tickets have already been purchased. (Picture it now…Whoorl and 120,000 14-year-olds.)

8. Hayden Harnett bag – My new birthday gift. I’m not going to lie, I don’t know if it will fully take the place of my Gray Havana Hobo, but it is a nice change.

9. Super Hopeless Romance – Although fiction, this blog has sucked me into Cordy’s vortex. GET IT TOGETHER, SETH.

10. Relish Meal Planning System – This is beyond incredibly awesome. I love to cook, but have trouble planning my weekly menus ahead of time. This system lets me choose my weekly dinners, creates a grocery list (down to specific aisles) and takes all guesswork out of the planning process. The yummy recipes are just the icing on the cake. (This week’s menu includes dishes such as Buttermilk Unfried Chicken, Huevos Rancheros, Porcini Mushroom and Walnut Penne…)

11. Backyardigans Super Spy episode featuring Cyndi Lauper – Wito is obsessed with the Backyardigans. I am obsessed with the episodes that feature my favorite 80’s musicians.

12. This video of Andrew Bird – Sorry Tom, Andrew is still my main man.

13. The Blue-Green crayon – Best color ever.

Your turn. Who/what are your current crushes?

• Momo Fali

November 12, 2008 at 2:11 pm

Well, speaking of Amy…I have a MAJOR crush on her maple teethers. I want one for myself.

• sunny

November 12, 2008 at 2:12 pm

this is super fun!

crushes:
    Rik Flynn’s voice (reminds me of Sting, except nerdier..)

Maybelline Superstay gloss in Radiant Ruby
    (great for thin lipped girls like me, doesnt budge)

Sapphire Tonics (never gets old!)

Fred Perry Winter Coat

• metalia

November 12, 2008 at 2:13 pm

I’m SO happy to hear that you also have Impure Thoughts about Colocchio. Now we FINALLY have something in common. The only celebrity I have a bigger crush on is Paul Rudd.

You know I went to college with Paul Rudd, didn’t you? (No, I never actually SAW him. Bygones.)

• metalia

November 12, 2008 at 2:16 pm

COLICCHIO, not Colocchio. Damn iPhone. Oh, and while I’m back, I forgot about Nars Supervixen gloss. Bearca recommended it to me, and I am presently obsessed with it.

• Dana

November 12, 2008 at 2:19 pm

We totally share #7. Oh my word. You won’t be able to tell my scream apart from that of the tweens. I’m too far gone to be ashamed.

• Joanna

November 12, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Great list, Whoorl! My current crushes include: 1) The Wire on DVD (I missed the whole series while it was current, but it’s way more fun to watch on DVD anyway), 2) Sandra Boynton’s Greatest Hits children’s book package, for my own son when he’s ready and for baby shower gifts, 3) Fisher Price’s Nature’s Touch papasan swing, where my 6-week-old can actually fall asleep on his own, 4) the double-showerhead my husband installed in our bathroom, which works out considering as a new mom I take half as many showers!, 5) Fat Girl Slim lotion for the postnatal cellulite, 6) Peapod grocery delivery from Stop ‘n’ Shop (makes life easier a la your Relish Meal Planning program), 7) the red cups returning to Starbucks, because that means it’s almost Christmas!, 8) Lisa See’s historical fiction, which simultaneously engross me and fill me with gratitude that I am not a young woman in 16th-century China, 9) Amy’s breakfast burritos for lunch-YUM, and 10) Chelsea Lately…especially during late-night feedings. :-)

• Kerri Anne

November 12, 2008 at 2:22 pm

I’m hereby coming out of the Colicchio closet, too, and admitting my Thanksgiving weekend plans involve seeing the Twilight movie on Friday. SO excited for that, for tonight’s premier (NEW YORK, YES) and for the fact that you included a blue-green crayon in your list of crushes.

Oh, and hi, I’m totally buying one of those beard prints. They remind me of Ray LaMontagne, each and every one of them, and now I’m swooning a little inside.

Oh, Ray! He definitely is swoon-worthy. It’s the beard, I tell ya.

• Backpacking Dad

November 12, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Thomas Aquinas and Richard Rufus of Cornwall and their wacky views about what intellection consists in!!

And Olive Garden breadsticks.

• jon deal

November 12, 2008 at 2:37 pm

Totally agree with you on #3.

The pink sheen really brings out the blond highlights in my beard.

What?

:-]

• dont call me maam

November 12, 2008 at 2:43 pm

1. Ole Henriksen skin care.
    2. Dior Addict Shine
    3. Stila Long Wear Lip Color in Coquette.
    4. The Ghost Hunters guys on Sci Fi. SOOO not my type, and yet… hmm. ;-)

• dont call me maam

November 12, 2008 at 2:44 pm

OH! I almost forgot the best ever–

Ojon rub-in dry shampoo.

• Kathy

November 12, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Add another to the Tom Colicchio fan club. And Keith Olbermann after his impassioned rant against Prop 8 a couple nights ago. Current musical crush: Martha Wainwright’s I Know You’re Married But I’ve Got Feelings Too.

• Rebecca (Bearca)

November 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm

OMG! Lovers of Tom Colicchio, unite! You, me and Metalia can duke it out for his affections. Hee.

Hi! I’m 12. But truly, I am excited for the return of Top Chef tonight. Exciting.

• She Likes Purple

November 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm

I didn’t even know Top Chef was premiering tonight. Thank you!

(Although I had a weird crush on Spike last season, and it may not be the same without him. I know I was swooning alone.)

• Nothing But Bonfires

November 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm

Eh, I met Tom Colicchio once when I was writing a food story about him for a magazine in Charleston, and I have to say……not sure what the fuss is all about. I think the word I’d use to describe him is BRUSQUE. And that’s me being polite.

DON’T RUIN THIS FOR ME, HOLLY. Although, do you mean brusque as in the type to “rough you up a little bit”?

(OMG, WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME?)

• Beth B

November 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm

My current crushes =
    1. Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate –> in a red cup
    2. Jeffrey Dean Morgan (actor)
    3. Bind-it-All
    4. Anthropologie

• Jossie

November 12, 2008 at 3:08 pm

I had one of those salted caramel deliciousness yesterday. It rocked my world my BFF’s however not so much. I am considering disowning her.

• cck

November 12, 2008 at 3:10 pm

I heart Chef Tom. Cannot wait for tonight!

• amy

November 12, 2008 at 3:25 pm

this is perfect- awesome. heart you.

• slynnro

November 12, 2008 at 3:32 pm

My food crush is Anthony Bourdain, though Tom Colicchio will do in a pinch.

• Korinna

November 12, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Ohhh, crushes.

1) New tote bags courtesy of Etsy.

2) My new glasses by Lulu Guinness. They have sparkles on side, people. Hello!

3) The “Messin’ with Sasquatch” commercials by those beef jerky ad wizards. Heh.

• Maternal Mirth

November 12, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Is it just me or does Tom Colicchio look just like Cal Ripkin???

I am not a foodie so much as a baseball chick…

• rachel

November 12, 2008 at 4:44 pm

I LOVE these kinds of posts! And I am sooo excited for Top Chef tonight. Now I have to go check out the Relish Meal Planning….

oh…what about doing a Q&A post? I bet I’m not the only one with questions for you.

• mommymae

November 12, 2008 at 4:45 pm

-my new sewing machine (baby lock quilter’s choice)

-playing the guitar and singing again

-my lady-baby’s toes

-new j crew pants (not sure what they are, but they are my pre-pregnancy size!! and sky blue)

• wwcutie

November 12, 2008 at 4:46 pm

I just spent the last TWO HOURS reading My Super Hopeless Romance, since I have nothing better to do, and now I am going to swoon onto the couch, dreaming about Seth and Chris, and silently cursing you for sharing it with me before the story is over and Cordy is living happily ever after.

Oh, and this might be my de-lurk, so I love you.

• Jora

November 12, 2008 at 5:10 pm

If you need more dinner ideas (although it sounds like Relish has you covered!), check out Cookie’s 30 day list: http://www.cookiemag.com/food/2008/03/allrecipes

and good old Martha’s Dinner Tonight: http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/dinnertonight/?rsc=dinnertonight_magazines_everyday-food.

• Emily

November 12, 2008 at 6:32 pm

1) Revlon Bare Naturals Sheer Lipstick/glass. So amazing I put it on in my office even when I know I won’t see another soul for hours…

2) Department of Eagles. Especially ‘No One Does It Like You’

3) Scarves! Particularly the cheap ones from Forever21.

• a madhouse wife

November 12, 2008 at 7:15 pm

oh, god love the twilight series. i bought five twilights i found on sale for my classroom (teens) and said, “i’m probably the only person who hasn’t read these yet, but if anyone is interested…” and the hands started shooting up. there is a waiting list. thank you, stephanie meyer, for making high school girls (and boys) love reading again.

and now, they’re VERY excited for the movie

• Cordy

November 13, 2008 at 10:09 am

Holy crap, I HAVE ARRIVED.

You are awesome, thank you.

PS: I have a total crush on Chef Tom too. It’s the eyes and the cheerful smarts, I think.

• Hope

November 13, 2008 at 11:29 am

Tom DOES look like Cal Ripkin. Can’t wait to watch my DVR’d Top Chef tonight!

• Jackie

November 13, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Jon Hamm from Mad Men – I think it’s the Brylcreem head of hair…

• Sally

November 13, 2008 at 12:56 pm

Labello Hydro Care Lip Balm: winter in Toronto = dry, gross, flaky lips but not with this li’ll miracle worker.

Swimming: The Olympics inspired me and now, I’m hooked.

Mirrored tables (art deco, retro, classy-cheap and AWESOME).

And this website: http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/ – TOTAL genius.

• rosalicious

November 13, 2008 at 2:54 pm

Funny, I just made a list of things I am crushing on on my blog yesterday…and they are true crushes because they are things I WANT but don’t actually HAVE….

• Corey

November 13, 2008 at 4:03 pm

Love the hair tutorials. Have you seen this one from Super Kawaii Mama? I love the hair + the accent.

Oh, yes. She’s one of my very favorites.

• Kristabella

November 13, 2008 at 6:11 pm

So I didn’t think the salted caramel hot chocolate would be good. But everyone raved about it, so I tried it. IT IS SO GOOD!

Also, I can’t wait to see Twilight. I can’t remember the last time I wanted to see a movie this bad. Which is just sad. Since I’m in my 30s.

• The Over-Thinker

November 13, 2008 at 8:32 pm

I am so printing this list off……hyperlinks and all.

• Jennifer

November 13, 2008 at 8:35 pm

I am currently crushless as I’m in a big time rut BUT I will say those new Starbucks “signature” hot chocolates are AMAZING and totally worth the $8,900 they charge for a grande.

• Connie

November 14, 2008 at 6:09 pm

i’m glad i’m not the only one who followed the link over to My Super Hopeless Romance. i’m hooked….can’t wait to hear what happens! how do you know it’s fiction??

• Connie

November 14, 2008 at 6:10 pm

oh. right there on the home page. im a dope.

• Laurie

November 14, 2008 at 7:47 pm

Ooooh, just finished My Super Hopeless Romance. Just delightful! I’ve bookmarked it so I can see what happens…please say though that it’s not fiction…

• Anna

November 16, 2008 at 9:33 pm

I LOVE My Super Hopeless Romance! I don’t even care that it’s fiction…I love it!

• Aimee

November 17, 2008 at 11:07 am

I am totally in teenage girl crush heaven with the lead singer of Kings of Leon.

• ali

November 18, 2008 at 7:26 am

oh, i’m a my super hopeless romance ADDICT. love love.

also? i sent my sister to buy me some J Brand cigarettes (because they are half the price in the states. grr.) because when i tried them on? HEAVEN.

• Karen W

November 19, 2008 at 12:30 am

I’m so glad that you love you Hayden Harnett bags. I love mine and I totally need a Havana hobo now after seeing how much you love yours.

• Courtney

November 19, 2008 at 12:26 pm

That’s a gorgeous bag, that just might end up making my crush list. Heh. I am also crushing on Twilight and bemoaning the fact that I won’t be able to see the movie until it comes out on DVD.

• Heather B.

November 25, 2008 at 10:13 am

Oh my god. That bag? There Ibiza style? I’m getting one now. Seriously. As we speak I am simultaneously putting in my credit card information.

• DMARKETTE

November 26, 2008 at 9:21 am

You need to add me to that list

• Holiday Faves « Seriously

January 19, 2009 at 2:58 pm

[…] saw this and this and was inspired to make my very own list for the holidays and winter […]