Whoorlito Update

Hello out there!

First off, I want to thank everyone for all of the wonderful comments. The last 5 days have really been a whoorlwind – yes, I actually just TYPED that horribly cheesy word. It’s the hormones! I swear! Cheesy words or not, your comments have made me smile.

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon, but unfortunately little Wito didn’t make the trip home with us. He is spending some time in the NICU due to a particularly bumpy delivery and we are hoping to have him home by the end of the week. He is such a strong little boy and gets better everyday.

I can’t wait to tell you about this crazy week, but obviously, I will be spending all of my time with him in the NICU until we can bring him home.

Until then, be well and send little Wito some serious “going home” vibes!

• Jessie

August 7, 2006 at 7:55 am

CONGRATULATIONS! (I didn’t check the last post all weekend – what a suprise when I came back this morning) I’m sending all the good wishes I can, plus some, that your little man makes it through wonderfully and that you get him home as soon as possible. Can’t wait to hear more, but I will wait patiently, of course. You belong in with your guy.

• cocodrie

August 7, 2006 at 8:58 am

All of my love to you, D, and Anders. Take your time this week and know that we’re all here when you need us.

I can attest to the fact that he is gorgeous AND a fighter! Just like Whoorl, y’all.

• nabbalicious

August 7, 2006 at 9:00 am

I’m sorry Anders is still in the NICU, but glad to hear that he’s getting better all the time! I’ll be thinking about you.

Congratulations again!

• natalie

August 7, 2006 at 9:05 am

De-lurking to say congrats… sending good vibes your way!

• Natalie

August 7, 2006 at 9:05 am

*Good vibes going Anders way* And Brava!!!!! on the delivery, you are one tough (and BRAVE) gal :)

• Veronique

August 7, 2006 at 9:13 am

Come home soon little Anders :)

• Alecia

August 7, 2006 at 9:20 am

Been folowing your pregnancy and delurk today to send my blessings and prayers out for your family. The NICU can be an overwhelming place. Praying for your strength and healing for Anders.

• Stacy

August 7, 2006 at 9:26 am

The NICU can be an intimidating place. Don’t let the NICU staff push you around. Ask questions, and if you feel he’s ready to come home, push for the discharge. Our son stayed in the NICU 3 days longer than he really needed to.

• Lisa

August 7, 2006 at 9:36 am

De-lurking today to say I’ve been thinking about you all weekend and wish you all the best and a safe and speedy trip home for little Anders! I know lots of Canadians have you in their thoughts.

• rory

August 7, 2006 at 9:44 am

I’m de-lurking as well, to say congratulations to you and your family. Here’s wishing Anders a quick trip home.

• Melinda

August 7, 2006 at 9:56 am

Just de-lurking today to tell you that I wish you, D, and precious baby Anders all the best.
    I’ve been through the NICU experience also, and
    I know it can be difficult. Your little guy will
    be home with you very soon. Spend as much time as you can with him, but make sure you get some
    rest too!

• Wendy

August 7, 2006 at 9:57 am

We ended up coming home without our baby, too. It was so HARD! He only ended up having to stay one more night in the NICU, though, so here’s hoping Anders has a speedy recovery, too! It’s amazing how tough those little guys are.

• Mysh

August 7, 2006 at 10:28 am

Joining the growing chorus to send speedy GET-YOUR-CUTIE-LIL-PATOOTIE-HOME vibes to Anders! Whoorl & D, try to get some rest…the REAL fun is just starting! :O)

• kris

August 7, 2006 at 10:45 am

Hi sweetie. You and Anders get all of my vibes this week – even my reserves. Couldn’t be happier for you and can’t wait to see pics of the little man. :)

• Sara

August 7, 2006 at 10:45 am

Sending you best wishes and hoping you are all doing well! Take care; I know he’ll be home soon.

• kate

August 7, 2006 at 10:46 am

i am a friend of SAJ and thought i should finally say hello!i am sending you and anders many good thoughts that you are all home very soon. if you need more dahlias to brighten your day just let me know i live very close to SAJ and could arrange a delivery!!

August 7, 2006 at 11:48 am

There’s no place like home, Anders! Hope you can be there very, very soon! Congrats again, Whoorl!

• rebecca

August 7, 2006 at 11:56 am

Come home soon Anders!

• lin

August 7, 2006 at 11:56 am

As intimidating as the NICU is, aren’t we lucky to live in a place that has such facilities for our little ones when they need some extra care. Sending strong and happy welcome home vibes to Baby Anders and strength vibes to you and Anders’ Pa. What a beautiful name.

• Miss Peach

August 7, 2006 at 12:16 pm

Thinking of you guys–hope all continues to go well! Neonatologists are amazing and I have faith the little guy will come through. Hang in there and can’t wait to hear he’s home safe and sound!

• gorillabuns

August 7, 2006 at 1:47 pm

as i said earlier, i’m sending good vibes, thoughts and prayers your way. soon, you will have just one big happy family at home, enjoying every precious minute even a bit more…..

• reluctant housewife

August 7, 2006 at 2:00 pm

I’m sorry that Anders isn’t home yet, and that your delivery seems to have been difficult. Now I feel like an ass for telling you not to worry about it.

But like others have said, we are fortunate that our little ones can get all the care they need.

Your family is in my thoughts. Can’t wait for all of you to be home together soon!

• lisa_h

August 7, 2006 at 2:10 pm

oh, Whoorl! i’m sending every good vibe, positive energy, prayer to the sky to send Anders home. Can’t wait to see the first pics of the little buggar! cheers, Lisa

• Brian B Barber

August 7, 2006 at 2:25 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! I’m thinking about you guys. Hopefully, Anders will get better soon and get to come home with his mom and dad where he should be. Take care and hope to see you and the new baby soon.

• Meepers

August 7, 2006 at 2:29 pm

Ahhh! Poor boy! I’m sure he’ll be home with you two soon. Take care of yourself – moms need rest! Can’t wait to see him – big congrats!

• Jessica

August 7, 2006 at 3:16 pm

If you have any NICU questions, please let me know… Again, we’re there currently with our twin girls (currently on day 19) and we were there 14 months ago with our triplet boys…To say been there, done that, would be an understatement! Many good vibes being sent your way!! Be well…

• Bethany Coffey

August 7, 2006 at 3:20 pm

Man bumpy rides suck!!! No matter where you’re coming from. Hope the little dude is home ASAP and you can start training him on the proper ways to wear a polo shirt…with the collar UP of course. Many well wishes to you all!!!! Can wai to see the little guy.

• Kate

August 7, 2006 at 3:54 pm

sending many congratulations and good wishes/vibes to you and your newly-expanded family :)

• Heidi

August 7, 2006 at 4:55 pm

Congrats to you and D on becoming parents. Lots of good “go home” vibes are headed Anders way.

• Lyndsay

August 7, 2006 at 4:58 pm

I know he will be fine and soon you will all be home together enjoying being a litle family. Congratulations.

• Alicat

August 7, 2006 at 5:13 pm

My sweet sweet whoorl!!! Congratulations!! I was totally out of the loop and didn’t see your previous post. So. You had a BABY?!?! :o) I cannot wait to see his pretty little face. I hope you are feeling well girl. I am eagerly awaiting more details. :D:D:D

• Michelle

August 7, 2006 at 5:32 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! I missed reading the updates on the previous post over the weekend. Hope everything is going well and that little Anders (love the name btw) is home with you in no time at all.

• ms. sizzle

August 7, 2006 at 5:34 pm

thinking of you and D and anders. be well!

• Serenity Now

August 7, 2006 at 5:34 pm

Oh, Anders, come home soon!! We are thinking of your family Whoorl.

• Chase

August 7, 2006 at 11:17 am

::Sending going home vibes::
    Best wishes from LA!

• Leah

August 7, 2006 at 6:26 pm

Thinking of you!

• biglug

August 7, 2006 at 7:06 pm

Congratulations. Good luck to you and the baby! :)

• Jennifer

August 7, 2006 at 8:13 pm

Congratulations. I hope your little boy makes it home quickly. Sending those vibes…

• Mary O

August 7, 2006 at 9:35 pm

Lots of love to you and the new little Anders! I’m sure he will bounce back soon. Love your blog, and hope you keep it up as a new mommy. =)

• lissa

August 7, 2006 at 10:05 pm

Oh my goodness congrats on your little boy! I hope he gets to go home soon! Sending good vibes your way!

• ali

August 7, 2006 at 10:22 pm

congratulations!!! you will love life with baby boy…
    lovely name and can’t wait to see pics! sending blessings your way…

• R*Belle

August 7, 2006 at 4:45 pm

Congrats and best wished to all of you! I hope he is home with you really quickly. Don’t forget to take good care of yourself!

• Darren

August 7, 2006 at 7:20 pm

Come o-o-o-o-o-n, Anders!

Congratulations, guys!

• Jurgen Nation

August 7, 2006 at 8:00 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! I’m jumping up and down with happiness! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m so happy for you. And D.

And a littly misty-eyed. Aw. I can’t wait to see pictures.

• Heather B.

August 8, 2006 at 6:29 am

Way late to the proverbial party, nevertheless, Congratulations and Anders is an awesome name.

• BeachMama

August 8, 2006 at 6:30 am

Thoughts are with you. My sister went through a similar experience in February. Your little guy will be home with you before you know it and these first few days will seem like so long ago once he is home with you. Get some rest while you can and get ready for the arrival home.

• Becky

August 8, 2006 at 6:44 am

Come home soon little Anders!

• GG

August 8, 2006 at 8:07 am

I’m joining in the crowd of de-lurkers to say congratulations! Anders might be the cutest new-baby-name I’ve heard in a while, too. I’ll send good, healthy vibes your family’s way in hopes that Anders gets to come home with you NOW.

• Darla

August 8, 2006 at 8:55 am

Congratulations on your precious baby boy. Sending warm wishes and good thoughts for him to come home soon. Welcome to another little Jayhawk!

• 3 weeks behind you

August 8, 2006 at 10:01 am

congratulations. i have been following your blog or about 7 months. i am due in 3 weeks. i hope you get to bring your little guy home soon.

all the best.

• Elizabeth

August 8, 2006 at 10:33 am

I’m sending the vibes you requested!!! Prayers and love on your way…

• samantha

August 8, 2006 at 11:11 am

Sending lots of love and prayers to little Anders and to you, too! Sing plenty of lullabies to your sweet boy.

• Xangelle

August 8, 2006 at 12:24 pm

Congratulations on your little man! Hope he makes it home soon!

• Jecca

August 8, 2006 at 12:55 pm

Congratulations, and all best vibes in the world for the three of you to be at home together, safe, sound, and healthy. Good energy coming your way from the south!

• Susie

August 8, 2006 at 12:55 pm

Congratulations! I was away all last week, but I’m happy to see that Anders (cute name!) has arrived. Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery and Anders a quick NICU stay. I hope he’s home with you ASAP!

• Natalie

August 8, 2006 at 1:30 pm

Any updates?!

• deb

August 8, 2006 at 7:45 am

I am completely holding my breath and crossing my fingers for the little guy to come home right this very instant. I have no doubt he’s a total delight.

• Sherry

August 8, 2006 at 7:19 pm

Congratulations! I linked here from series of Mommyblog hops and saw that you just had an Anders. I hope he gets out of ICU soon. Haven’t read more than this to know if you are a first time Mom or not. I am. I just had my little Luke Anders in April. Congrats!

• kiki

August 8, 2006 at 8:38 pm

Delurking for the first time ever, on anyone’s web site, to say congrats, love your blog and can’t wait to see pics of the little one.

• Maliavale

August 9, 2006 at 12:29 am

Welcome to the world, Anders/Whoorlito! And a big congratulations to you and your husband.

August 9, 2006 at 7:17 am

Here’s to a speedy homecoming! Congratulations again!

• Amy

August 9, 2006 at 8:10 am

Come home Anders! I just know you are a precious little guy. We can’t wait to see pictures of you soon…

• Rayshel

August 9, 2006 at 1:49 pm

Congrat Whrool! My thought and prayers are with you guys. He’ll be home in no time!

• Vaguely Urban

August 9, 2006 at 3:34 pm

Come home soon, little man!

• Patrick & Allison

August 9, 2006 at 4:19 pm

Congratulations! Thinking good thoughts, and hope Anders gets to come home soon. Miss you guys.

• undercover celebrity

August 9, 2006 at 1:35 pm

YEAH! You finally had him… and still found time to blog — ok, I officially feel like a sloth for not blogging. :)

I am so glad that you’re both ok.

And, ANDERS — adorable. Can’t wait for pictures!

• Boogie's Mom

August 10, 2006 at 6:16 am

Congratulations!!! I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t had time to read my favorite writers. I’m just so excited for you. At first I was like, Who’s Anders? because I’m used to Whoorlito. :) I hope he comes home soon! You’re a mom … can you believe it! :)

• mrs mogul

August 10, 2006 at 1:31 pm

LOVE THAT NAME! YAY can;t wait to see a pic!

• cafelulu

August 10, 2006 at 2:50 pm

Congrats Whoorl – so happy for you! I hope Anders will be able to come home soon, and am sending you all good vibes.

• don't call me ma'am

August 10, 2006 at 4:19 pm

Congratulations!!! Can’t wait to see photos. Wishing you, D, and baby Anders a lovely, RESTFUL homecoming. :-)

• SAJ

August 10, 2006 at 5:49 pm

They’re home! I saw him and he’s adorable!!! Soooooo tiny compared to my gigantic baby.

• SAJ

August 10, 2006 at 5:51 pm

Maybe you want some more details. Sorry I hit post before that thought completed itself. Anders has lots of dark hair and his Dad says he’s getting very healthy. Whoorl looked good too.

• Natalie

August 10, 2006 at 7:39 pm

Oh fantastic!! Congrats guys and gal!

• Elizabeth

August 11, 2006 at 10:06 am

Yay!! So glad to have the “at home” news! Thanks SAJ.

• jege

August 15, 2006 at 11:30 am

CONGRATS!!!!!

I LOVE the name Anders!!!!